Who do i contact for security deposit refunds?
You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your unit number and building details with DEWA/SEWA Final Bill copy
What documents do I need to lease a S.S.Lootah Real Estate property and what are the fees I need to pay?
- Passport copy
- Emirates ID copy
- Valid UAE Residence Visa for expatriates
- Marriage certificate + Other family members passport copies
- Salary certificate or Bank Statement
- Up to 4 rental cheques
- 5 to 10% security deposit (depend upon property usage) Min 2,000/-AED – whichever is higher
Commercial Units / Shops:
- Company Profile
- Passport copy of the owner (original for verification) or authorized signature
- UAE Residence Visa for expatriates
- Trade license
- Memorandum of association for L.L.C companies
- Power of attorney when applicable
- Company stamp
- Up to 4 rental cheques
- 10% security deposit
Do I need to Pay commission?
We are direct from the owner. There is no commission to be paid.
Can I view an available property before leasing it ? If so, whom do I contact for an appointment?
Yes, you can check on our website under “Check availability” tab for the properties info and pictures. If you have If you have registered your interest through our contact center 04-2099999, our Customer Service Representative will contact you to arrange viewing of the available property.
Can I register to be alerted on available/upcoming properties?
Whom do I contact for information on outstanding payments?
Any one of our Customer Service Representatives at our office will have full information on outstanding payments and can help you.
How can I hold my payment for a short period?
You can contact our office or you can contact our contact center on 04-2099 999 for more details.
Can I sublet properties I lease from S.S.Lootah real estate?
No, it is specifically stated in the Lease Agreement that subletting is not permitted. Any such action will result in termination of the Lease Agreement.
Do I have to inform you if I changed my contact information?
Yes, please update your contact information immediately. Send your new contact information to email@example.com
What is the process of terminating my lease?
If you wish to terminate your lease, you can use Existing tenant page on our website and raise a ticket for vacating, or submit a notice of termination by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or can contact our contact center on 04-2099999.
Please find below the required documents for termination of lease which needs to be submitted at the building security office:
• The keys / access cards / remote controls for the property
• Your final DEWA/SEWA bill stamped PAID
• Original security deposit receipt
• Prior to moving out your belongings, kindly obtain an NOC from the office, by informing customer service agent.
How can I replace my cheques?
If you wish to replace your Post Dated Cheques (PDCs) with New Cheques, you may do so only by submitting your request through email followed by visiting our office. This request must be made at least 10 working days prior to the date on the PDC. There will be administration fees applied for each transaction and Courier Service shall be charged of 25 AED or you can select to shred the cheque, you can contact customer service Agent for more details.
I have signed the lease agreement and received the keys, how do I get water and electricity connection?
For Dubai Properties
You will need to contact Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (https://www.dewa.gov.ae/) or by downloading DEWA app. Please use Ejari Number & DEWA Premise No.
Other information: Security Deposit to be paid to DEWA
- AED 2,000 for a Flat (Residential Premises).
- AED 4,000 for a Villa (Residential Premises)
- For non-residential premises, the security deposit is calculated based on the premise’s consumption.
Estimated Delivery Duration:
Supply is activated within 15 hrs of Registration and payment of Security Deposit.
In case supply is not activated within 15 hours after security deposit payment, please call Customer Care Centre on 04-601 9999 to assist you.
For Sharjah Properties
You need to visit any of the SEWA Customer Happiness Centers to submit application for a new SEWA connection in Sharjah. Please use original tenancy contract along with Title deed and land related documents provided by Landlord.
Other information: Security Deposit to be paid to SEWA
Tenancy Contract registration fees:
- Attestation fees: 4% of the annual rent amount (min 500/- Dhs)
Estimated Delivery Duration:
- After you pay the Security Deposit you will get an approval for the tenancy contract.
- The customer must then approach the Sharjah Municipality to attest the Tenancy Contract.
Once all the paperwork and deposit payment is complete, your new SEWA connection will be activated.
How can I make modification in leased property?
To maintain the structure of our properties, it is preferred that no major modifications are made to leased property. However, if you wish to make minor changes then permission must be sought. A ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) must be obtained through our office for any modification works prior to their commencement.
How do I make maintenance and other requests if I am a tenant?
If you wish to request for a maintenance service, you can use Existing Tenants page by visiting www.sslre.com or by contacting us on our contact service centre 04-2099 999.
As soon as you submitted the service request, you will receive a confirmation SMS with the reference number. You may use this to monitor and follow up on your request.
Note: Maintenance charges may be applied for the request which are out of scope. You will not get maintenance during the validity of tenancy contract.
What is the process of renewing my lease?
If you wish to renew your lease, you can contact us on our contact center 04-2099999, visit our office, or you can drop email to email@example.com. Our customer service agent will make necessary arrangement.
What happens if my cheque bounces?
In the event any cheque is bounced by the bank or in the event of requesting that the payment date of the cheque be delayed, you will be subject to administration fee to cover all administrative expenses, provided that your request to have the payment date of the cheque delayed is delivered at least 7 days prior to the due date of the cheque and provided that the landlord has agreed to your request; notwithstanding the other rights of the landlord provided for in the law or the present contract. In addition, please be advised that an additional fee will be applied to open a legal case if you haven’t paid the outstanding amount within 1 month of cheque bouncing.
How are settlements and dispute resolutions managed?
Please note that if you would like to request a waiver of a legal case that is filed against you at the Rental Disputes Center (RDC), you must notify the collection department by sending the documents and the required payments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may settle your dues via an ATM deposit, a bank transfer, a payment at our office, or directly at the RDC for us to successfully expedite the case waiver and take the necessary measures.
What are the maintenance charges at the time of Move-out?
The tenant declares that he took over the leased premises painted and clean and undertakes to return it back to the landlord with the same condition (painted and cleaned). Otherwise, the landlord has the right to deduct the amount of maintenance charges based on the inspection report and painting cost from the security deposit as per below amount:
A. AED 800 for Studio
B. AED 900 for 1 Bedroom
C. AED 1200 for 2 Bedroom
D. AED 1400 for 3 Bedroom
E. AED 1600 for 4 Bedroom
F. AED 5500 for a Villa (depending on the size)
What are the rules related to parking?
- In case the Landlord provides the Tenant with specific car parking, in such case the tenant undertakes and agrees to commit to all parking rules and regulation, and to use only the parking assigned to him.
- In case tenant breach any of the parking rules and regulations or allowed unauthorized person to use the parking, in such case the Landlord shall have the full right to prevent the tenant from using the parking for the lease period and confiscate his parking remote, in addition to claim all liquidated damages from the tenant.
Who will be responsible for major maintenance?
During lease term, the Landlord shall be responsible for the major maintenance of the premise which includes repair of air conditioners, damage in major pipelines, and any malfunction affecting the tenant’s satisfaction of the intended benefit. The tenant shall be responsible for minor maintenance which includes for example: replacement of a water pipe, change lamp/bulbs, etc. and any damages caused by him.
What if I delay in renewal in tenancy contract?
- In the event that tenant continue occupying the leased premises without signing the lease agreement and handover the rental cheques to the landlord, the tenant undertakes and agrees to pay to the landlord AED 100 per day in addition to the rent starting from the expiry date of this lease agreement until the tenant sign the new lease agreement and handover the rental cheques to the landlord.
- The tenancy contract must be renewed in one month. Failure to do so, the Landlord has the right to commence legal action to evacuate the premises.
What are the procedures pertaining to Grace Period?
1. The grace period is exclusively for this lease period only. For the avoidance of doubt, any renewal to this lease agreement shall not contain any grace period and the tenant shall pay full rent for the whole period.
2. The grace period shall be null and void if any rental cheque bounces and left unsettled during the contract or if the contract is cancelled prior to expiry. In this case, the Tenant undertakes to pay the rent for the entire contract period.
Do you provide speciality Leasing?
Yes, we do offer to the speciality leasing such as parking lot, open space, Shades, Vending machine spaces and advertising boards.
You can contact our contact center 04-2099 999 for more details.